Thursday 15 October 2015

‘I Derive Pleasure In Insults’ - Ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo Says

Olusegun Obasanjo
Obasanjo
Former President, Olusegun Obasanjo who was Nigeria’s president from 1999 to 2007, said he derives pleasure from insults spoken against him when he was in office.
Obasanjo made the statement on Wednesday, October 14, 2015, while presenting an address at a conference of the African Studies Association of Africa in Ibadan, Oyo State.
“If you visit the Olusegun Obasanjo Presidential Library in Abeokuta, you will find thousands of archived newspaper comics and columns meant to spite and insult my person even as a sitting President,” Obasanjo said.
“No individual or group of people was ever queried or jailed or repressed for expressing this freedom. Rather, I encouraged them because I derived fun and pleasure from the humour as I know who I am and nobody needs to tell me who and what I am not,” he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zenith Bank

Smoking Hot Store

Smoking Hot Store
A store that got all you need.

Advertise Here

Advertise Here
Share your business product/service to the world with A.R media

Smoking Hot SELFIE STICK

Smoking Hot SELFIE STICK
Take The Shots Yourself