Friday 8 May 2015

I'm Not Beefing Olamide - Lord Of Ajasa

lord-of-Ajasa

WHAT should your fans be expecting from Lord of Ajasa at the Coded Tunes Reunion concert?
You know Coded Tunes is a group of creative artistes. It’s a very good opportunity for people to see us together. We have been able to make a great impact in the Nigerian music industry, so when we say we’re celebrating our reunion, you should know it’s something worth celebrating. When I look back at when we started, we had nothing. But look at where we are today. We are all successful in our music careers.

Musiccareers
I’m looking forward to giving my fans the best performance at the concert. Most of my songs are evergreen, so they should look forward to having a good time. Most of the songs I’ll be performing are the ones produced by ID Cabasa, and it will be with a live band.
You’re reputed to be one of the pioneers of Yoruba rap in the country, do you think the industry really respects your effort?
I’m not one of the founders; I’m the founder of indigenous rap in Nigeria. Not even just Yoruba, but indigenous rap as a whole. Who else started it before me? On the issue of respect, I don’t like talking about things like that anymore, because people will hold my words and start saying whatever they like.
But you need to express yourself…
It’s glaring now. There’s nothing anybody can do about it. It’s normal; when anybody is making waves out there, people will hail you! But when you’re no more at your peak, they move away and don’t care about you again. That’s Nigeria for you. Look at Rasheed Yekini; did anybody talk about him till he died? It was after his death that people started talking about him.
The same thing happened to Da’grin. Music is just about passion for me; I’m doing it because it’s what I love doing. It’s not about how many people are screaming my name. God gave me the talent, and I see it as a blessing, and I’ve been able to spread the blessings around. I’m a successful fellow in the industry. Many people are doing what I started, and nobody can deny that.
Some people believe you have ‘beef’ with Olamide. Is that true?
I don’t have any ‘beef’ with Olamide. Let me clear the air now. He’s my very good friend; if you see us together, you wouldn’t say all this. Everybody is just creating something to write about.

Are you working on any new song?
Olamide
My new album is out and it’s titled, “The Spirit.” I featured Olamide, Seriki, Terry G, Mode Nine and others. I don’t want to talk too much about it, the time will come for that. Anytime from now, you’ll be seeing it on iTunes, Amazon, Google Play, and the likes. But you might not be seeing it on the streets because of these Alaba people; they don’t co-operate with us and I’m not ready to wait for them.
There’s nobody to give me a good contract with them. My former marketer is still owing me over one million Naira right now, so to work out another deal with them is kind of hard for me. Right now, I believe in the online way of doing things where my true fans can go on iTunes and download my songs; by doing that, you’re helping my career. Not by going to download it on a free site and commenting rubbish.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Zenith Bank

Smoking Hot Store

Smoking Hot Store
A store that got all you need.

Advertise Here

Advertise Here
Share your business product/service to the world with A.R media

Smoking Hot SELFIE STICK

Smoking Hot SELFIE STICK
Take The Shots Yourself